<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > Where I currently stand.

Where I currently stand.

June 27th, 2006 at 05:42 am

Citibank1: 15,281.23
Citibank2: 60.19
Timeshare: 7,877.85
Sallie Mae: 2,583.77
WellsFargo Personal: 9,654.93
WellsFargo Student Loan: 34,448.01

All told I owe: almost $70,000. Granted the Citibank2 will be paid off when I get paid on the 5th. But still. It's rather overwhelming. I know that the personal loan will be done in 4 years. I know that the timeshare (stupid stupid stupid decision on my part) will be done in 5 years. That gives me some light at the end of the tunnel. It's still a long long long ways away.

A friend once offered me a place to stay, rent free, to help me get a handle on things. I didn't take them up on it, and now it's not available. The reason I didn't was I felt bad ditching my roomate, especially since I didn't know what her plans were for after graduation. I think if the offer becomes available again (someone else is living there now for the summer) I might take them up on it. It would give me an extra %350-$550 a month. But their situation has changed as well so it might not come up again.

4 Responses to “Where I currently stand.”

  1. ima saver Says:

    You need to let the time share go, let them take it back!!

  2. LdyFaile Says:

    Can I do that? I've tried selling it but no one will touch it until it gets down to like 3k. Hmm I'll check into that.

  3. elgin526 Says:

    I was about to suggest the same thing, look into selling that time share! There are some companies that specialize in time share resale (I want to say one is "the timeshare store" but I'm not 100%).

    If you can't sell it, can you rent out your time? I know you can do that with the Disney time share. At least you'd get some money out of it, anyway.

  4. LdyFaile Says:

    Yeah, I have tried selling it through one of those types of companies. The person I spoke to basically told me if I didn't price it around $3k it won't sell. I'm not sure about the renting option. When I have time tomorrow (I am at work another two hours today and then off to a dentist apt which I won't be able to talk after) I'll try calling the company and see if they offer any other solutions.

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]